BlogSnob

This article is over 16 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current.

I’ve purchased BlogSnob from idya Research. For those that aren’t familiar, BlogSnob is a free advertising exchange for blogs and personal sites. You show small text ads on your site and in turn your ad appears on the other sites in the network.

Read the press release.

I’ve been running the Textad Exchange for about two years now and I’ve always had plans to improve it, add features, and make it better. The ad server behind it is fairly full-featured, and I’ve wanted to extend it to offer more services. The purchase of BlogSnob will give me a much larger member base, some features that I didn’t have before, and market share.

Arnab approached me early this summer and asked if I’d be interested in buying BlogSnob. My first challenge was figuring out how the service could earn money. More on that later. My next challenge was decide how this would fit into my overall company strategy.

Since I’ve wanted to improve my ad server anyway, I’ve decided to launch a new service called SimpleAds. Right now SimpleAds consists of only BlogSnob, but that’s going to change. First will come integration of the TextAd Exchange. Later I plan on adding other advertising tools and services.

There are some other plans as well, but it’s a little soon to talk about those. Most of them are in the early stages, but as I implement this new strategy, I’ll discuss everything here, of course.

Trackback from Arnab's World :: Weblog
October 15, 2003 2:59 AM

bye bye baby

Excerpt: BlogSnob now belongs to Adam Kalsey. Here's the joint press release. I've written about my atempts to streamline my workload before - this acquisition is a step in that direction. During my summer holidays, I spent some time scouting for someone to tak...

Trackback from anil dash's daily links
October 15, 2003 8:30 AM

kalsey grabs blogsnob

Excerpt: http://kalsey.com/2003/10/blogsnob/...

Dave
October 15, 2003 9:27 AM

So will it make money in the short or long term? Who's paying for clicks?

Kevin
October 15, 2003 9:38 AM

I was a big fan of blogsnob way back when. Then it just seemed to peter out. I'm really glad that it's in good hands and I'm sure we can expect more goodies down the road. Congrats. Good choice. (And you said your boys we're selling popcorn for Scouting!!) ;-)

Anders
October 15, 2003 9:58 AM

Congratulations with the aquisition. (I am a BlogSnob member like many other bloggers - look fwd to read about your plans and developments.. :-)

Trackback from Nilesh's Weblog
October 16, 2003 7:31 AM

Taken

Excerpt: The good news is that Blogsnob, IMO, one of the best textad sharing systems has been taken over by Kalsey Computing....

Trackback from synapse
October 16, 2003 8:14 AM

Gallery! Plugins! Et cetera!

Excerpt: Jay Allen rocks. Adam Kalsey rocks. Microsoft... well.

Trackback from Coffee House | Opinion That Matters
October 18, 2003 10:49 AM

Kalsey buys BlogSnob

Excerpt: The popular text-ad exchange service from Idya Research (me, arnab, kapil). Read the common press release at Kalsey's website.

evolalgos
November 7, 2003 8:11 AM

I think blogsnob is great marketing tool and concept.I have always wondered how it didn't catch up with others where as blog links caught on, I think it will redifine the very way internet gets organised like adsense.

pankaj
October 27, 2006 5:46 AM

Sir, I m the student of ABES Engg student gzb and want to know about.... the preparation of the blogs I want to make a blog of the .....diary i.e. diary blog(personlal blog) but don't know how to perpare it please tell me........... i'll be highly obilized... hoping for an eager an favourable action.

A framework for onboarding new employees (May 15)
There’s no single good way to onboard an employee that works for every role. Here's a framework for creating a process that you can adapt to each situation.
TV hosts as a guide for software managers (May 10)
Software managers can learn a lot from journalists or late night TV hosts and how they interview people.
The Improvement Flywheel (Apr 29)
An incredible flywheel for the improvement of a development team. Fix a few things, and everything starts getting better.
Managers and technical ability (Dec 26)
In technical fields, the closer you are to the actual work being done, the closer your skills need to resemble those of the people doing the work.
Dysfunctions of output-oriented software teams (Sep 17)
Whatever you call it, the symptom is that you're measuring your progress by how much you build and deliver instead of measuring success by the amount of customer value you create.
Evaluative and generative product development (Aug 30)
Customers never even talk to the companies that don't fit their needs at all. If the only product ideas you're considering are those that meet the needs of your current customers, then you're only going to find new customers that look exactly like your current customers.
Product Manager Career Ladder (Aug 19)
What are the steps along the product management career path?
Building the Customer-Informed Product (Aug 15)
Strong products aren't composed of a list of features dictated by customers. They are guided by strong visions, and the execution of that vision is the primary focus of product development.