Dinner on Thursday with Scott Johnson

This blog post is over 14 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current and the links no longer work.

Scott Johnson and I are both in the Bay Area on Thursday (March 2). If you’d like to join us for dinner, we’ll be at Chaat on Third in SF at 7pm. The place holds about 35 people, so if you’re coming, please RSVP in the comments.

Scott Hildebrand
February 27, 2006 2:46 PM

Hmm... ya... okay... I'll go.

Joseph Scott
February 27, 2006 5:42 PM

I can't make the dinner, but I did want to put in a plug for having a geek dinner in Sacramento one of these days.

Scott Johnson of Ookles
February 28, 2006 1:50 AM

Very cool. Thanks Adam. This can be followed by the Adaptive Path party -- just as a comment -- a lot of folks may well opt for that instead. Also there's a "Ookles Alpha Users" barbeque on Saturday in Fresno for the folks that are on the Ookles F2F Alpha Users Invite list (the invites will go out shortly). I likely won't be showing Ookles on Thursday honestly because I don't want a big deal made about it yet since we're still on our two piddling little dev servers which can handle like the 10 alpha users but not much more. (A private demo will be available for you since you won't likely be down again from Sacramento).

Sean Byrnes
March 2, 2006 9:34 AM

I'm looking forward to it.

Simon Willison
March 2, 2006 9:58 AM

I'll be there.

Jared Kim
March 2, 2006 1:50 PM

Count two in, my sister and I.

Dave Hodson
March 2, 2006 2:53 PM

Scott - I think you mean Fremont, not Fresno ??

How to advance your Product Market Fit KPI (Oct 21)
Finding the gaps in your product that will unlock the next round of growth.
Developer Relations as Developer Success (Oct 19)
Outreach, marketing, and developer evangelism are a part of Developer Relations. But the companies that are most successful with developers spend most of their time on something else.
Developer Experience Principle 6: Easy to Maintain (Oct 17)
Keeping your product Easy to Maintain will improve the lives of your team and your customers. It will help keep your docs up to date. Your SDKs and APIs will be released in sync. Your tooling and overall experience will shine.
Developer Experience Principle 5: Easy to Trust (Oct 9)
A developer building part of their business on your product needs to believe that you're going to do the right thing for them and their customers.
Developer Experience Principle 4: Easy to Get Help (Oct 8)
The faster you can unblock a stuck developer, the better their experience will be.
Developer Experience Principle 3: Easy to Build (Oct 5)
A product makes it Easy to Build by focusing on productivity for developers building real-world applications.
How to understand your product and your market (Sep 30)
A customer development question you can ask to find out who your product is best for and why they'll love it.
Developer Experience Principle 2: Easy to Use (Sep 28)
Making it Easy to Use means letting the developer do everything without involving you.