Comment stats

This blog post is over 16 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current and the links no longer work.

And there are currently 126 comments in my database that contain both the letters Q and Z.

BillSaysThis
February 2, 2005 6:23 PM

"92 of those only have a URL in the comment body" Where are the URLs in all the other comments? Are they just the ones entered in the Website field of the comment form?

Jeramey Jannene
February 2, 2005 7:13 PM

Interesting stats. I wish you could get stats like that with Blogger. Does that come as some kind of default output with MT?

February 2, 2005 9:11 PM

Bill: Yes, in the Website field in the comment field. So those 92 comments have nothing in the Website field but entered a URL in the comment body for some reason. Jeramey: To get those stats I generated some reports directly out of the database. Nothing that comes with MT.

Jrg Petermann
February 3, 2005 12:14 AM

Interesting stats posting. I wish we get some stats with MT.

David Kornahrens
February 9, 2005 11:25 AM

Perhaps you could get that kind of information through the 'Wordpress' engine as well?

Trackback from Jeremiah Oeltjen's Blog
February 18, 2005 11:20 AM

URL's in Comments

Excerpt: Adam Kalsey writes: Of the 2514 comments I have across all blogs managed by this install of MT, 1723 contain a URL, but 92 of those only have a URL in the comment body. I just did a count of...

Chloe
February 22, 2005 12:58 AM

What's the significance of 126 comments containing both the letters Q & Z? (I'm not being cheeky, I just wondered if there was a point I am missing.)

February 22, 2005 9:24 AM

There aren't many words with the letters Q or Z. So I find it interesting that there are that many comments that contain both letters.

Chloe
March 12, 2005 9:27 PM

Oh, I guess out of 2514 comments altogether, it didn't seem that odd to me. It's only about 5% of the comments. I guess I would just figure that you have a lot of readers that use words like "quite" a lot... 13% of my blog entries have the word "quite" in them. (And I only have 281 blog entries!) And I imagine there's some more or less common words spelled with a Z. Or maybe it's just because I come from a family of avid Scrabble players - who think of Qs & Zs as coveted letters. haha.

Stu
May 17, 2005 11:48 AM

Yes. I'm interested too - where are the URLs in the other comments?

telecom rep
May 18, 2005 9:11 PM

Why Q & Z? Is there that much discussion of queer zebras? You are laughing I hope, I'm just being silly. But I am perplexed by QZ, it makes me QweZee. I actually came to this site in regards to the stuipd cellphone tricks. I write about telecom stuff for consummers, to help you to work with your telecom and television companies better. Email me if you have specific questions.

Dora Katokan
June 7, 2005 2:55 PM

It's made me interest too. Why Q & Z? Have you count for X letter? It might be some people around the world using weird language.

Francesco cepolina
July 9, 2005 5:27 PM

"1723 URL" , "92 URL in the comment body" My personal explanation is that people like to chat. Often, instead of having a 'heavy' exchange of data and consistent information (URL lists), people like just to discuss 'softly' with short sentences. Like us now.

flashwelt
August 16, 2005 2:02 AM

Here you got another one : qwerty Mabe the only comment with this letters now. good luck flashwelt

The Trap of The Sales-Led Product (Dec 10)
It’s not a winning way to build a product company.
The Hidden Cost of Custom Customer Features (Dec 7)
One-off features will cost you more than you think and make your customers unhappy.
Domain expertise in Product Management (Nov 16)
When you're hiring software product managers, hire for product management skills. Looking for domain experts will reduce the pool of people you can hire and might just be worse for your product.
Strategy Means Saying No (Oct 27)
An oft-overlooked aspect of strategy is to define what you are not doing. There are lots of adjacent problems you can attack. Strategy means defining which ones you will ignore.
Understanding vision, strategy, and execution (Oct 24)
Vision is what you're trying to do. Strategy is broad strokes on how you'll get there. Execution is the tasks you complete to complete the strategy.
How to advance your Product Market Fit KPI (Oct 21)
Finding the gaps in your product that will unlock the next round of growth.
Developer Relations as Developer Success (Oct 19)
Outreach, marketing, and developer evangelism are a part of Developer Relations. But the companies that are most successful with developers spend most of their time on something else.
Developer Experience Principle 6: Easy to Maintain (Oct 17)
Keeping your product Easy to Maintain will improve the lives of your team and your customers. It will help keep your docs up to date. Your SDKs and APIs will be released in sync. Your tooling and overall experience will shine.

© 1999-2021 Adam Kalsey.