Comment stats

This article is over 15 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current.

And there are currently 126 comments in my database that contain both the letters Q and Z.

BillSaysThis
February 2, 2005 6:23 PM

"92 of those only have a URL in the comment body" Where are the URLs in all the other comments? Are they just the ones entered in the Website field of the comment form?

Jeramey Jannene
February 2, 2005 7:13 PM

Interesting stats. I wish you could get stats like that with Blogger. Does that come as some kind of default output with MT?

February 2, 2005 9:11 PM

Bill: Yes, in the Website field in the comment field. So those 92 comments have nothing in the Website field but entered a URL in the comment body for some reason. Jeramey: To get those stats I generated some reports directly out of the database. Nothing that comes with MT.

Jörg Petermann
February 3, 2005 12:14 AM

Interesting stats posting. I wish we get some stats with MT.

David Kornahrens
February 9, 2005 11:25 AM

Perhaps you could get that kind of information through the 'Wordpress' engine as well?

Trackback from Jeremiah Oeltjen's Blog
February 18, 2005 11:20 AM

URL's in Comments

Excerpt: Adam Kalsey writes: Of the 2514 comments I have across all blogs managed by this install of MT, 1723 contain a URL, but 92 of those only have a URL in the comment body. I just did a count of...

Chloe
February 22, 2005 12:58 AM

What's the significance of 126 comments containing both the letters Q & Z? (I'm not being cheeky, I just wondered if there was a point I am missing.)

February 22, 2005 9:24 AM

There aren't many words with the letters Q or Z. So I find it interesting that there are that many comments that contain both letters.

Chloe
March 12, 2005 9:27 PM

Oh, I guess out of 2514 comments altogether, it didn't seem that odd to me. It's only about 5% of the comments. I guess I would just figure that you have a lot of readers that use words like "quite" a lot... 13% of my blog entries have the word "quite" in them. (And I only have 281 blog entries!) And I imagine there's some more or less common words spelled with a Z. Or maybe it's just because I come from a family of avid Scrabble players - who think of Qs & Zs as coveted letters. haha.

Stu
May 17, 2005 11:48 AM

Yes. I'm interested too - where are the URLs in the other comments?

telecom rep
May 18, 2005 9:11 PM

Why Q & Z? Is there that much discussion of queer zebras? You are laughing I hope, I'm just being silly. But I am perplexed by QZ, it makes me QweZee. I actually came to this site in regards to the stuipd cellphone tricks. I write about telecom stuff for consummers, to help you to work with your telecom and television companies better. Email me if you have specific questions.

Dora Katokan
June 7, 2005 2:55 PM

It's made me interest too. Why Q & Z? Have you count for X letter? It might be some people around the world using weird language.

Francesco cepolina
July 9, 2005 5:27 PM

"1723 URL" , "92 URL in the comment body" My personal explanation is that people like to chat. Often, instead of having a 'heavy' exchange of data and consistent information (URL lists), people like just to discuss 'softly' with short sentences. Like us now.

flashwelt
August 16, 2005 2:02 AM

Here you got another one : qwerty Mabe the only comment with this letters now. good luck flashwelt

A framework for onboarding new employees (May 15)
There’s no single good way to onboard an employee that works for every role. Here's a framework for creating a process that you can adapt to each situation.
TV hosts as a guide for software managers (May 10)
Software managers can learn a lot from journalists or late night TV hosts and how they interview people.
The Improvement Flywheel (Apr 29)
An incredible flywheel for the improvement of a development team. Fix a few things, and everything starts getting better.
Managers and technical ability (Dec 26)
In technical fields, the closer you are to the actual work being done, the closer your skills need to resemble those of the people doing the work.
Dysfunctions of output-oriented software teams (Sep 17)
Whatever you call it, the symptom is that you're measuring your progress by how much you build and deliver instead of measuring success by the amount of customer value you create.
Evaluative and generative product development (Aug 30)
Customers never even talk to the companies that don't fit their needs at all. If the only product ideas you're considering are those that meet the needs of your current customers, then you're only going to find new customers that look exactly like your current customers.
Product Manager Career Ladder (Aug 19)
What are the steps along the product management career path?
Building the Customer-Informed Product (Aug 15)
Strong products aren't composed of a list of features dictated by customers. They are guided by strong visions, and the execution of that vision is the primary focus of product development.