New license plate

This blog post is over 17 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current and the links no longer work.

I’ve just ordered a new license plate. I’m stunned that it was available.

BLOGS license plate

I’d love to know who owns the California plates BLOG, I BLOG, and BLOGGER, three other combinations I tried out. If you know, send them my way.

Branille
September 2, 2004 11:07 PM

That's awesome. :)

Kevin Francis
September 3, 2004 12:36 AM

Wow. Thats nice. I need one, and a car to go with it ...

Anders
September 3, 2004 7:31 AM

Very cool ;-) Congratulations!

Joe Anonymous
September 3, 2004 7:56 AM

BLOG is owned by Rick Horowitz. IBLOG is reserved and not yet fully registered to a vehicle, much like your BLOGS plate. BLOGGER is owned by Joel Slovacek.

Joe Anonymous
September 3, 2004 12:16 PM

Hey! Where'd my comment go? :/

Joe Anonymous
September 3, 2004 12:18 PM

Well that's weird, now it's back. Maybe my proxy server is acting up.

Jochem Donkers
September 5, 2004 12:43 AM

Don't forget to registere the domain name that belongs to this plate: http://www.california-blogs.com/

Jim
September 9, 2004 5:21 AM

Here is the guy with "BLOGGER" in California: http://www.flickr.com/photo.gne?id=378222 Reported by BizStone: http://www.bizstone.com/2004/09/how-to-get-more-traffic.html

CT
September 9, 2004 10:48 AM

If Joel Slovacek is the owner of BLOGGER, then he works for Google/Pyra/Blogger: http://www.blogger.com/knowledge/2004/09/promoting-your-blog.pyra I think I'll post somthing on all this blog-vanity plating tonight....

Trackback from Population Statistic
September 9, 2004 7:46 PM

TWO LEFT-COAST BLOGGING PLATES

Excerpt: Vanity plate, thy name is California. The one on the left belongs to Kalsey Consulting Group's Adam Kalsey, who can't believe it was available. The one on the right belongs to Blogger.com's Joel Slovacek, and is used as a unique example of blog p...

Eric
October 9, 2004 11:16 AM

When Joel realized that "Blogger" was available last year, he snagged it and offered it to Ev, then to the rest of us on the Blogger team. We all passed, and the rest is history.

Adam (Number plates club)
November 21, 2006 7:06 AM

What an excellent plate!

Phillip Coleman
November 28, 2006 8:41 PM

My name is Phillip Coleman and I am collecting License Plates and I want to know when California would have NEW design license plate. I am TIRED of same bored California license plate. I want to know if they will make new license plate with design like Arizona beautiful Desert/saguaro, New Mexico Hot baloone, Nevada golden mountain, I meant NOT included Yosemite or Ocean Scenic or others because of fund or booster. I meant ALL passenagers could have new design license plates like back in 1983 Golden Sunset. Please let me know about it as I can find in internet about new design Calif license plates in the future. Thank you, Phillip

The Trap of The Sales-Led Product (Dec 10)
It’s not a winning way to build a product company.
The Hidden Cost of Custom Customer Features (Dec 7)
One-off features will cost you more than you think and make your customers unhappy.
Domain expertise in Product Management (Nov 16)
When you're hiring software product managers, hire for product management skills. Looking for domain experts will reduce the pool of people you can hire and might just be worse for your product.
Strategy Means Saying No (Oct 27)
An oft-overlooked aspect of strategy is to define what you are not doing. There are lots of adjacent problems you can attack. Strategy means defining which ones you will ignore.
Understanding vision, strategy, and execution (Oct 24)
Vision is what you're trying to do. Strategy is broad strokes on how you'll get there. Execution is the tasks you complete to complete the strategy.
How to advance your Product Market Fit KPI (Oct 21)
Finding the gaps in your product that will unlock the next round of growth.
Developer Relations as Developer Success (Oct 19)
Outreach, marketing, and developer evangelism are a part of Developer Relations. But the companies that are most successful with developers spend most of their time on something else.
Developer Experience Principle 6: Easy to Maintain (Oct 17)
Keeping your product Easy to Maintain will improve the lives of your team and your customers. It will help keep your docs up to date. Your SDKs and APIs will be released in sync. Your tooling and overall experience will shine.

© 1999-2021 Adam Kalsey.