Blogsnob Preview

This article is over 15 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current.

I’ve been diligently working on the next release of blogsnob and I have a preview ready to go. I’m getting ready to launch the system but I want to get some feedback on it first. So go sign in (there’s a demo account) and let me know what you think. Is there anything obviously broken (some links are disabled for the demo)? What do you like about it, what do you hate about it? What confuses you about the UI?

There will be some refinements coming up, but what you see now is what will be available at launch.

Meredith
September 1, 2004 12:11 PM

The demo looks very slick; I don't find the UI confusing at all. I'm looking forward to it.

Christopher
September 1, 2004 12:29 PM

Adam, I love it! I'll have a closer look later tonight/tomorrow and send you some feedback (email).

john
September 1, 2004 12:42 PM

Seems very nice... I'd like to see other types of ads... The google thiing is becoming a bit over done.

kartooner
September 1, 2004 12:44 PM

I'm with Meredith, I don't think there is anything confusing about the UI at all. It seems to be very streamlined. It's quite the improvement on the last interface.

dennis
September 1, 2004 1:53 PM

I agree with John regarding different ad types, but otherwise, it looks great. The only other thing I noticed is that report generation is slow for long periods (multiple months). Not sure if this is a result of the test environment or otherwise.

September 1, 2004 3:06 PM

Different ad formats sound like a great idea. Any suggestions for what those should be?

Kevin Donahue
September 1, 2004 6:19 PM

Fantastic work, but that's what we expect, Adam! ;)

Neil T.
September 3, 2004 12:24 PM

Seems a little over-complicated for my liking. I liked BlogSnob because it was so simple - this seems more like a fully-fledged advertising service. As for other ad formats - how about some like the ones that already exist?

A framework for onboarding new employees (May 15)
There’s no single good way to onboard an employee that works for every role. Here's a framework for creating a process that you can adapt to each situation.
TV hosts as a guide for software managers (May 10)
Software managers can learn a lot from journalists or late night TV hosts and how they interview people.
The Improvement Flywheel (Apr 29)
An incredible flywheel for the improvement of a development team. Fix a few things, and everything starts getting better.
Managers and technical ability (Dec 26)
In technical fields, the closer you are to the actual work being done, the closer your skills need to resemble those of the people doing the work.
Dysfunctions of output-oriented software teams (Sep 17)
Whatever you call it, the symptom is that you're measuring your progress by how much you build and deliver instead of measuring success by the amount of customer value you create.
Evaluative and generative product development (Aug 30)
Customers never even talk to the companies that don't fit their needs at all. If the only product ideas you're considering are those that meet the needs of your current customers, then you're only going to find new customers that look exactly like your current customers.
Product Manager Career Ladder (Aug 19)
What are the steps along the product management career path?
Building the Customer-Informed Product (Aug 15)
Strong products aren't composed of a list of features dictated by customers. They are guided by strong visions, and the execution of that vision is the primary focus of product development.