Need someone to lead product management at your software company? I create software for people that create software and I'm looking for my next opportunity. Check out my resume and get in touch.

Rounded tab corners

This blog post is over 20 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current and the links no longer work.

Jemima Pereira has added rounded corners to my CSS tabs code. Neat. This is exactly why I released the CSS to the public. I figure that there are a lot of smart people out there who would find ways to improve upon the concept. That’s good for several reasons. It makes the Web a better place and it also makes my applications stronger if I have the whole Web community finding ways to make it better.

Jemima Pereira
May 26, 2003 8:41 AM

The rounded corners display in Mozilla-based browsers, using the proprietary CSS extensions -moz-border-radius-topleft and -moz-border-radius-topright. IE should show the square version. Adding cross-platform rounded corners is a much bigger problem.

some guy
July 26, 2004 4:43 PM

"released the CSS to the public" view source?

norway viking
January 12, 2006 6:48 AM

Rounded tabs? Look at this; http://www.enitor.biz/inter Rounded tabs and great graphics

danish viking
October 11, 2006 8:19 AM

Every link on this page to the code and demo is closed...

Kat
March 20, 2007 5:54 AM

ohh ripped off, got me all excited and the links are a broken.

brian
May 1, 2007 6:44 AM

.roundcont { width: 250px; background-color:#800000; color: #fff; } .roundcont p { margin: 0 10px; } .roundtop { background: url(images/oldtr.jpg) no-repeat top right; } .roundbottom { background: url(images/oldbr.jpg) no-repeat top right; } img.corner { width: 15px; height: 15px; border: none; display: block !important; } Sorry should have attached the css, I guess, as that's what I think i've got wrong somehow. Even though I copied and pasted the stuff from Adam's site.

lucky
March 28, 2008 3:58 AM

thanks sirrrrrrrrrrr

Mastery doesn’t come from perfect planning (Dec 21)
In a ceramics class, one group focused on a single perfect dish, while another made many with no quality focus. The result? A lesson in the value of practice over perfection.
The Dark Side of Input Metrics (Nov 27)
Using input metrics in the wrong way can cause unexpected behaviors, stifled creativity, and micromanagement.
Reframe How You Think About Users of your Internal Platform (Nov 13)
Changing from "Customers" to "Partners" will give you a better perspective on internal product development.
Measuring Feature success (Oct 17)
You're building features to solve problems. If you don't know what success looks like, how did you decide on that feature at all?
How I use OKRs (Oct 13)
A description of how I use OKRs to guide a team, written so I can send to future teams.
Build the whole product (Oct 6)
Your code is only part of the product
Input metrics lead to outcomes (Sep 1)
An easy to understand example of using input metrics to track progress toward an outcome.
Lagging Outcomes (Aug 22)
Long-term things often end up off a team's goals because they can't see how to define measurable outcomes for them. Here's how to solve that.

© 1999-2024 Adam Kalsey.