Rounded tab corners

This blog post is over 17 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current and the links no longer work.

Jemima Pereira has added rounded corners to my CSS tabs code. Neat. This is exactly why I released the CSS to the public. I figure that there are a lot of smart people out there who would find ways to improve upon the concept. That’s good for several reasons. It makes the Web a better place and it also makes my applications stronger if I have the whole Web community finding ways to make it better.

Jemima Pereira
May 26, 2003 8:41 AM

The rounded corners display in Mozilla-based browsers, using the proprietary CSS extensions -moz-border-radius-topleft and -moz-border-radius-topright. IE should show the square version. Adding cross-platform rounded corners is a much bigger problem.

some guy
July 26, 2004 4:43 PM

"released the CSS to the public" view source?

norway viking
January 12, 2006 6:48 AM

Rounded tabs? Look at this; http://www.enitor.biz/inter Rounded tabs and great graphics

danish viking
October 11, 2006 8:19 AM

Every link on this page to the code and demo is closed...

Kat
March 20, 2007 5:54 AM

ohh ripped off, got me all excited and the links are a broken.

brian
May 1, 2007 6:44 AM

.roundcont { width: 250px; background-color:#800000; color: #fff; } .roundcont p { margin: 0 10px; } .roundtop { background: url(images/oldtr.jpg) no-repeat top right; } .roundbottom { background: url(images/oldbr.jpg) no-repeat top right; } img.corner { width: 15px; height: 15px; border: none; display: block !important; } Sorry should have attached the css, I guess, as that's what I think i've got wrong somehow. Even though I copied and pasted the stuff from Adam's site.

lucky
March 28, 2008 3:58 AM

thanks sirrrrrrrrrrr

Domain expertise in Product Management (Nov 16)
When you're hiring software product managers, hire for product management skills. Looking for domain experts will reduce the pool of people you can hire and might just be worse for your product.
Strategy Means Saying No (Oct 27)
An oft-overlooked aspect of strategy is to define what you are not doing. There are lots of adjacent problems you can attack. Strategy means defining which ones you will ignore.
Understanding vision, strategy, and execution (Oct 24)
Vision is what you're trying to do. Strategy is broad strokes on how you'll get there. Execution is the tasks you complete to complete the strategy.
How to advance your Product Market Fit KPI (Oct 21)
Finding the gaps in your product that will unlock the next round of growth.
Developer Relations as Developer Success (Oct 19)
Outreach, marketing, and developer evangelism are a part of Developer Relations. But the companies that are most successful with developers spend most of their time on something else.
Developer Experience Principle 6: Easy to Maintain (Oct 17)
Keeping your product Easy to Maintain will improve the lives of your team and your customers. It will help keep your docs up to date. Your SDKs and APIs will be released in sync. Your tooling and overall experience will shine.
Developer Experience Principle 5: Easy to Trust (Oct 9)
A developer building part of their business on your product needs to believe that you're going to do the right thing for them and their customers.
Developer Experience Principle 4: Easy to Get Help (Oct 8)
The faster you can unblock a stuck developer, the better their experience will be.