Rounded tab corners

This article is over 17 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current.

Jemima Pereira has added rounded corners to my CSS tabs code. Neat. This is exactly why I released the CSS to the public. I figure that there are a lot of smart people out there who would find ways to improve upon the concept. That’s good for several reasons. It makes the Web a better place and it also makes my applications stronger if I have the whole Web community finding ways to make it better.

Jemima Pereira
May 26, 2003 8:41 AM

The rounded corners display in Mozilla-based browsers, using the proprietary CSS extensions -moz-border-radius-topleft and -moz-border-radius-topright. IE should show the square version. Adding cross-platform rounded corners is a much bigger problem.

some guy
July 26, 2004 4:43 PM

"released the CSS to the public" view source?

norway viking
January 12, 2006 6:48 AM

Rounded tabs? Look at this; http://www.enitor.biz/inter Rounded tabs and great graphics

danish viking
October 11, 2006 8:19 AM

Every link on this page to the code and demo is closed...

Kat
March 20, 2007 5:54 AM

ohh ripped off, got me all excited and the links are a broken.

brian
May 1, 2007 6:44 AM

.roundcont { width: 250px; background-color:#800000; color: #fff; } .roundcont p { margin: 0 10px; } .roundtop { background: url(images/oldtr.jpg) no-repeat top right; } .roundbottom { background: url(images/oldbr.jpg) no-repeat top right; } img.corner { width: 15px; height: 15px; border: none; display: block !important; } Sorry should have attached the css, I guess, as that's what I think i've got wrong somehow. Even though I copied and pasted the stuff from Adam's site.

lucky
March 28, 2008 3:58 AM

thanks sirrrrrrrrrrr

A framework for onboarding new employees (May 15)
There’s no single good way to onboard an employee that works for every role. Here's a framework for creating a process that you can adapt to each situation.
TV hosts as a guide for software managers (May 10)
Software managers can learn a lot from journalists or late night TV hosts and how they interview people.
The Improvement Flywheel (Apr 29)
An incredible flywheel for the improvement of a development team. Fix a few things, and everything starts getting better.
Managers and technical ability (Dec 26)
In technical fields, the closer you are to the actual work being done, the closer your skills need to resemble those of the people doing the work.
Dysfunctions of output-oriented software teams (Sep 17)
Whatever you call it, the symptom is that you're measuring your progress by how much you build and deliver instead of measuring success by the amount of customer value you create.
Evaluative and generative product development (Aug 30)
Customers never even talk to the companies that don't fit their needs at all. If the only product ideas you're considering are those that meet the needs of your current customers, then you're only going to find new customers that look exactly like your current customers.
Product Manager Career Ladder (Aug 19)
What are the steps along the product management career path?
Building the Customer-Informed Product (Aug 15)
Strong products aren't composed of a list of features dictated by customers. They are guided by strong visions, and the execution of that vision is the primary focus of product development.