Button Maker

This blog post is over 17 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current and the links no longer work.

Bill Zeller created a very cool web application that creates blog stickers with any text and colors you want, so I put together a user interface to it.

JANE
June 13, 2003 3:04 PM

Read my post in todays blog. http://blogs.salon.com/0002626/

Stacey
June 20, 2003 11:03 AM

Tried to make the button longer, to accomodate a longer blog name, but no such luck. Is there a way to make it longer? Other than that, I love it.

Fred Grott
June 23, 2003 11:16 AM

another color picker can be found at w3cschools.org.. very nice

Trackback from just a.juby
July 6, 2003 7:36 AM

buttony goodness

Excerpt: If you've noticed on the mockup, I use a series of buttons from a collection entitled "Steal These Buttons". These...

Trackback from Speak Stiltedly and Wear a Yellow Shirt
July 22, 2003 10:21 PM

4096 Color Wheel

Excerpt: I've been looking for a nice 4096 color picker forever. Yesterday I found one by D10n, somone who is long 404, which was close to what I wanted. Unfortunately it didn't work in Mozilla or Mac IE, which meant it...

Brian
July 31, 2003 7:51 PM

Cory
August 17, 2003 10:43 AM

This might be a stupid question, but in order to create one of these stickers with an image in the left box, would I just need to create a button with a blank left box, then add the image via Photoshop?

August 17, 2003 12:47 PM

You could do that, or simply make the whole button in Photoshop. The font used is Jason Kottke's freeware Silkscreen from http://kottke.org/plus/type/silkscreen/index.html

pnkm
September 5, 2003 8:04 PM

I can't use any words with ...

Makka
October 31, 2003 2:04 PM

German chars don't work!

Marvin Rouge
November 20, 2003 6:48 AM

it seems that the bill zeller site is very often down for bandwith exceed so your user interface does not work. Why wouldn't you import the script so it will consume your bandwith ?

fungkur
January 6, 2005 7:12 AM

thanks for the button maker.. now i have my own button.. hehe.. http://fungkurs-network.net/images/linkbutton.gif

Trackback from Found Blogging Design
August 30, 2005 9:01 PM

Auto generate buttons

Excerpt: Adam Kelsey created a web friendly user interface, using the coding of Bill Zeller, to easily make blog stickers (buttons) with your web browser. This is a very simple and quick program, suitable for those who don’t have photoshop or the like. Here ...

Rolando Garza
March 9, 2006 12:43 AM

Hello Adam. I was wondering if you had your own button with which I could link to you? Btw, I'm now officially an 80x15 button addict. Thanks for such a great UI.

Paul J
April 11, 2006 2:22 PM

ok, so I made the button, how do I Download it to my site?

These are the last 15 comments. Read all 27 comments here.

Domain expertise in Product Management (Nov 16)
When you're hiring software product managers, hire for product management skills. Looking for domain experts will reduce the pool of people you can hire and might just be worse for your product.
Strategy Means Saying No (Oct 27)
An oft-overlooked aspect of strategy is to define what you are not doing. There are lots of adjacent problems you can attack. Strategy means defining which ones you will ignore.
Understanding vision, strategy, and execution (Oct 24)
Vision is what you're trying to do. Strategy is broad strokes on how you'll get there. Execution is the tasks you complete to complete the strategy.
How to advance your Product Market Fit KPI (Oct 21)
Finding the gaps in your product that will unlock the next round of growth.
Developer Relations as Developer Success (Oct 19)
Outreach, marketing, and developer evangelism are a part of Developer Relations. But the companies that are most successful with developers spend most of their time on something else.
Developer Experience Principle 6: Easy to Maintain (Oct 17)
Keeping your product Easy to Maintain will improve the lives of your team and your customers. It will help keep your docs up to date. Your SDKs and APIs will be released in sync. Your tooling and overall experience will shine.
Developer Experience Principle 5: Easy to Trust (Oct 9)
A developer building part of their business on your product needs to believe that you're going to do the right thing for them and their customers.
Developer Experience Principle 4: Easy to Get Help (Oct 8)
The faster you can unblock a stuck developer, the better their experience will be.