Button Maker

This article is over 17 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current.

Bill Zeller created a very cool web application that creates blog stickers with any text and colors you want, so I put together a user interface to it.

JANE
June 13, 2003 3:04 PM

Read my post in todays blog. http://blogs.salon.com/0002626/

Stacey
June 20, 2003 11:03 AM

Tried to make the button longer, to accomodate a longer blog name, but no such luck. Is there a way to make it longer? Other than that, I love it.

Fred Grott
June 23, 2003 11:16 AM

another color picker can be found at w3cschools.org.. very nice

Trackback from just a.juby
July 6, 2003 7:36 AM

buttony goodness

Excerpt: If you've noticed on the mockup, I use a series of buttons from a collection entitled "Steal These Buttons". These...

Trackback from Speak Stiltedly and Wear a Yellow Shirt
July 22, 2003 10:21 PM

4096 Color Wheel

Excerpt: I've been looking for a nice 4096 color picker forever. Yesterday I found one by D10n, somone who is long 404, which was close to what I wanted. Unfortunately it didn't work in Mozilla or Mac IE, which meant it...

Brian
July 31, 2003 7:51 PM

Cory
August 17, 2003 10:43 AM

This might be a stupid question, but in order to create one of these stickers with an image in the left box, would I just need to create a button with a blank left box, then add the image via Photoshop?

August 17, 2003 12:47 PM

You could do that, or simply make the whole button in Photoshop. The font used is Jason Kottke's freeware Silkscreen from http://kottke.org/plus/type/silkscreen/index.html

pnkm
September 5, 2003 8:04 PM

I can't use any words with éčŕůç...

Makka
October 31, 2003 2:04 PM

German chars don't work!

Marvin Rouge
November 20, 2003 6:48 AM

it seems that the bill zeller site is very often down for bandwith exceed so your user interface does not work. Why wouldn't you import the script so it will consume your bandwith ?

fungkur
January 6, 2005 7:12 AM

thanks for the button maker.. now i have my own button.. hehe.. http://fungkurs-network.net/images/linkbutton.gif

Trackback from Found Blogging Design
August 30, 2005 9:01 PM

Auto generate buttons

Excerpt: Adam Kelsey created a web friendly user interface, using the coding of Bill Zeller, to easily make blog stickers (buttons) with your web browser. This is a very simple and quick program, suitable for those who don’t have photoshop or the like. Here ...

Rolando Garza
March 9, 2006 12:43 AM

Hello Adam. I was wondering if you had your own button with which I could link to you? Btw, I'm now officially an 80x15 button addict. Thanks for such a great UI.

Paul J
April 11, 2006 2:22 PM

ok, so I made the button, how do I Download it to my site?

These are the last 15 comments. Read all 27 comments here.

A framework for onboarding new employees (May 15)
There’s no single good way to onboard an employee that works for every role. Here's a framework for creating a process that you can adapt to each situation.
TV hosts as a guide for software managers (May 10)
Software managers can learn a lot from journalists or late night TV hosts and how they interview people.
The Improvement Flywheel (Apr 29)
An incredible flywheel for the improvement of a development team. Fix a few things, and everything starts getting better.
Managers and technical ability (Dec 26)
In technical fields, the closer you are to the actual work being done, the closer your skills need to resemble those of the people doing the work.
Dysfunctions of output-oriented software teams (Sep 17)
Whatever you call it, the symptom is that you're measuring your progress by how much you build and deliver instead of measuring success by the amount of customer value you create.
Evaluative and generative product development (Aug 30)
Customers never even talk to the companies that don't fit their needs at all. If the only product ideas you're considering are those that meet the needs of your current customers, then you're only going to find new customers that look exactly like your current customers.
Product Manager Career Ladder (Aug 19)
What are the steps along the product management career path?
Building the Customer-Informed Product (Aug 15)
Strong products aren't composed of a list of features dictated by customers. They are guided by strong visions, and the execution of that vision is the primary focus of product development.