Comments, please

This blog post is over 18 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current and the links no longer work.

I’m testing out a new MT plugin that I’ve been working on, and I need your help. Please leave some comments and trackback pings on this entry.

If all goes well, you should see your trackbacks and comments intermingled as a simgle comments list. Since TrackBacks are just comments that were left on a different site, I think the display should be the same. That’s what this plugin does.

Assuming everything works, I’ll be releasing the plugin later this evening, but I need your comments in order to test it.

Trackback from phil ringnalda dot com
February 2, 2003 12:43 PM

MTPingsAndComments

Excerpt: Testing Adam Kalsey's new plugin to intermingle comments and TrackBacks

Phil Ringnalda
February 2, 2003 12:51 PM

Looks like maybe the individual entry page didn't rebuild: main page comment count shows one (I assume from my ping), but I don't see it here.

Phil Ringnalda
February 2, 2003 12:52 PM

Or, rather, I didn't until after I left a local comment that rebuilt the individual entry page.

Trackback from FCD/the weblog
February 2, 2003 1:20 PM

Still fondling

Excerpt: As long as I'm messing around with trackback and the websites of innocents, I may as well add one more

Al
February 2, 2003 1:21 PM

Okey-dokey, as requested a comment. No commentary, just a comment.

Trackback from phil ringnalda dot com
February 2, 2003 1:42 PM

Rebuilding individual archives when pinged

Excerpt: How to hack Movable Type to rebuild individual entry archives when a TrackBack ping is received.

Phil Ringnalda
February 2, 2003 2:17 PM

Release now! Release now! (He said, only so that he could rebuild the page to show his previous ping...) (Also: don't forget to put the plugin in the comment preview template.)

February 2, 2003 5:35 PM

There's several other places I need to change the comments code over to take advantage of this plugin. The preview and the comments XML feed both come to mind. I've thought about configuring MT to rebuild the individual archives when someone sends a TrackBack ping, but my individual entry pages do a lot of processing and it take too long to rebuild. Pretty much every ping would time out. Maybe I can set MT up to fork a rebuild process when someone pings.

February 2, 2003 6:27 PM

SimpleComments is out. See http://kalsey.com/2003/02/simplecomments/

Trackback from A young man's Site Log
February 4, 2003 7:36 AM

Mixing comments the right way

Excerpt: Simple Comments = Simply beautiful. Thank you. Thanks Phil for the link. Thanks Adam for the work.

David Blangstrup
February 18, 2003 3:13 AM

You say, that you don't have to learn any new MTtags. Seems to me there's a lot of tags to be implemented???

February 18, 2003 8:09 AM

There's a container tag that replaces MTComments and a tag that replaces MTEntryCommentCount. There's two conditional tags that you can use if you want, but you could create a tmplate without them if you wanted. I'm sorry that seems like a lot of tags to you. The idea is that you don't need to learn a new way of displaying comments. Just put your existing comment and TrackBack templates inside the new container tag, and you're set.

Fil
April 4, 2003 11:28 PM

Testing Adam's comments.

The Trap of The Sales-Led Product (Dec 10)
It’s not a winning way to build a product company.
The Hidden Cost of Custom Customer Features (Dec 7)
One-off features will cost you more than you think and make your customers unhappy.
Domain expertise in Product Management (Nov 16)
When you're hiring software product managers, hire for product management skills. Looking for domain experts will reduce the pool of people you can hire and might just be worse for your product.
Strategy Means Saying No (Oct 27)
An oft-overlooked aspect of strategy is to define what you are not doing. There are lots of adjacent problems you can attack. Strategy means defining which ones you will ignore.
Understanding vision, strategy, and execution (Oct 24)
Vision is what you're trying to do. Strategy is broad strokes on how you'll get there. Execution is the tasks you complete to complete the strategy.
How to advance your Product Market Fit KPI (Oct 21)
Finding the gaps in your product that will unlock the next round of growth.
Developer Relations as Developer Success (Oct 19)
Outreach, marketing, and developer evangelism are a part of Developer Relations. But the companies that are most successful with developers spend most of their time on something else.
Developer Experience Principle 6: Easy to Maintain (Oct 17)
Keeping your product Easy to Maintain will improve the lives of your team and your customers. It will help keep your docs up to date. Your SDKs and APIs will be released in sync. Your tooling and overall experience will shine.

© 1999-2021 Adam Kalsey.