Nationwide Do Not Call List

This blog post is over 19 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current and the links no longer work.

Computerworld: FTC wants national 'do not call' list to stop telemarketers. Under the system, consumers could place their phone number in a national registry, making it illegal for telemarketers to call them.

R MArtin
November 24, 2002 8:24 AM

The FTC is not going far enough with this process. The fine against Telemarketers who illegally call residents listed on the "Do not Call List" should be very very high...even to the point of bankrupting the Telemarketing organization at fault. In other words....Make an example of them. Show them that the law is the law and if you break it, you WILL PAY. (there is not enough of that these days.) Furthermore, a sizable percentage (or all) of the fine should be payable directly to the Resident or Residents whose privacy was violated, with no restrictions on the number of agencies that the Resident(s) can file suit against. Lets bankrupt this corrupt system, and put the power of our Freedom back into the hands of the consumer. Finally, an addition to this law should be that NO organization may have selling rights to a persons name or namesake. I.E no company can have my name on a list that they sell and make a profit from without MY express consent and DUE compensation.

December 19, 2002 11:29 PM

The official site for the national do not call list is at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcams/donotcall/index.html

john
December 21, 2002 5:27 AM

Accidently ran across this article just a couple of hours after writing up some of my own thoughts on the topic. http://www.johnsjottings.com/archives/000043.html

Conrad G. Ortega
March 26, 2003 5:49 AM

We have a new baby in the house and the telemarketers phone calls are constantly waking him. Additonally, our family time, as we call our super/dinner time, is constantly being interrupted. If I want someone to call me I will provide them with my name and phone number. If I do not specifically ask you to call me do not call! I consider this an invasion of my privacy which I am entitled too especially in my own home! Stop calling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aldrich & Utter families
February 8, 2006 2:48 PM

Please take our phone number off the telemarketers calling lists.

Oneida Benjamin
June 23, 2006 9:19 AM

We get anywhere from 25-30 calls a day starting at 9am in the morning until 10pm at night. This is very annoying and disruptive. If I want to purchase/donate something I will do it myself.

pdenhartog
January 9, 2009 8:39 AM

get too many calls Nobdy there like it too stop

The Trap of The Sales-Led Product (Dec 10)
It’s not a winning way to build a product company.
The Hidden Cost of Custom Customer Features (Dec 7)
One-off features will cost you more than you think and make your customers unhappy.
Domain expertise in Product Management (Nov 16)
When you're hiring software product managers, hire for product management skills. Looking for domain experts will reduce the pool of people you can hire and might just be worse for your product.
Strategy Means Saying No (Oct 27)
An oft-overlooked aspect of strategy is to define what you are not doing. There are lots of adjacent problems you can attack. Strategy means defining which ones you will ignore.
Understanding vision, strategy, and execution (Oct 24)
Vision is what you're trying to do. Strategy is broad strokes on how you'll get there. Execution is the tasks you complete to complete the strategy.
How to advance your Product Market Fit KPI (Oct 21)
Finding the gaps in your product that will unlock the next round of growth.
Developer Relations as Developer Success (Oct 19)
Outreach, marketing, and developer evangelism are a part of Developer Relations. But the companies that are most successful with developers spend most of their time on something else.
Developer Experience Principle 6: Easy to Maintain (Oct 17)
Keeping your product Easy to Maintain will improve the lives of your team and your customers. It will help keep your docs up to date. Your SDKs and APIs will be released in sync. Your tooling and overall experience will shine.

© 1999-2021 Adam Kalsey.