Netscape problems

This blog post is over 21 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current and the links no longer work.

If you are using Netscape to view this site, you may notice a few quirks here and there. Netscape 4 doesn’t support Web standards and so you’ll get the ugly version of the site if you use it. The upgrade to Netscape 6, which is standards-compliant, is free.

If you are using Netscape 6 already, this site should look normal, although you’ll see some odd behavior on my news pages. I’m working on clearing that up.

Brian Harris
November 21, 2004 4:00 PM

I think it is true that netscape is not initializing mail account details so one would sign up for support. There can be no reason, that I am aware, that the details one has used for more than 10 years would not work. This is netscape 7.2.

Mary
April 25, 2006 5:13 PM

I dont know if this is where I`m supost to write about this problem or not but oh well, kinda late, anyways anytime I type in a www. whereever page it will take me to it but from that page on it like NEVER takes me a little box comes up saying network not connecting or something like that for everything . should i just switch to a different server or is it something someone can work on.

Michael Semb
December 4, 2006 3:09 PM

I'm trying to fix a netscape problem that just occured with a friend of mine. Whenever he opens up Netscape, the home page is always off the page to the left, and you cannot scroll far enough left to see the whole page. Scrolling to the right works ok. This also happens when he enters a site that he uses often. Why would the front page go off the left side of the browser? I'm not sure if this happens when he links to a site or not, but I'm guessing that it will do the same thing. Can you help? Thanks, Mike

Michael Semb
December 4, 2006 3:11 PM

Michael Semb P.S. I forgot to tell ya, he is using Netscape 7.2 Mike

Mac Overmyer
December 13, 2006 12:20 PM

Dear Sirs, I have the same problem that was reported by Michael Semb. I did not see a response or solution posted to his query. What is the answer or how do I find one. Much appreciated. Thanks

December 13, 2006 12:39 PM

Uhhh.... I'd start by maybe asking Netscape about it. This isn't a Netscape support forum, it's my personal blog.

Demetrious Cutino
October 20, 2011 11:35 AM

When I click on the netscape icon the window ask to restore last session or new. After choosing the netscape window does not come up.

The Trap of The Sales-Led Product (Dec 10)
It’s not a winning way to build a product company.
The Hidden Cost of Custom Customer Features (Dec 7)
One-off features will cost you more than you think and make your customers unhappy.
Domain expertise in Product Management (Nov 16)
When you're hiring software product managers, hire for product management skills. Looking for domain experts will reduce the pool of people you can hire and might just be worse for your product.
Strategy Means Saying No (Oct 27)
An oft-overlooked aspect of strategy is to define what you are not doing. There are lots of adjacent problems you can attack. Strategy means defining which ones you will ignore.
Understanding vision, strategy, and execution (Oct 24)
Vision is what you're trying to do. Strategy is broad strokes on how you'll get there. Execution is the tasks you complete to complete the strategy.
How to advance your Product Market Fit KPI (Oct 21)
Finding the gaps in your product that will unlock the next round of growth.
Developer Relations as Developer Success (Oct 19)
Outreach, marketing, and developer evangelism are a part of Developer Relations. But the companies that are most successful with developers spend most of their time on something else.
Developer Experience Principle 6: Easy to Maintain (Oct 17)
Keeping your product Easy to Maintain will improve the lives of your team and your customers. It will help keep your docs up to date. Your SDKs and APIs will be released in sync. Your tooling and overall experience will shine.

© 1999-2022 Adam Kalsey.