Comments

Comments for Archive Date Header Plugin

Excerpt: MT plugin that groups your archives under a date header. Read the whole article…

Torgny
August 4, 2002 5:35 AM

August 4, 2002 8:37 AM

You're right. I don't know how I managed to mess that one up. It's fixed now.

jonner
September 3, 2002 6:55 PM

Would this work on category archives as well? Say if i wanted to display a category archive and group them by month?

September 3, 2002 7:38 PM

No. If you use this inside an archive that isn't Monthly or Weekly, then the tag won't return anything at all.

tamaracks
October 6, 2002 12:27 AM

I'd like to see a tag for better formatting possibilities. For instance, I'd like to have the year, followed by the months as an unnumbered list, but there is no way to add a closing tag after the months with this plugin.

Richard
October 17, 2002 7:54 AM

It's nice. But I'd like to build a nested set of list elements. I can kick off a list with a *ul* in *MTArchiveDateHeader*, but without *MTArchiveDateFooter* I can't close it again with its */ul* tag.

Sparticus
January 24, 2003 6:20 AM

Is there anyway I can use both? so if I display my entries by weeks (which I do) it can then display... 2003 January 01/01/03-07/01/03 08/01/03-etc... Feburary 03/02/03-

Sparticus
January 24, 2003 6:30 AM

Nevermind I'm being slighty stupid... I've worked out a way of doing more or less the same thing

Brad
March 3, 2003 1:24 PM

This is a great little plugin, just what I've been looking for. But....is there a way to list only a single year?

March 4, 2003 9:24 AM

There's no way to do that with the plugin or with the built-in MT template tags.

Peter
July 19, 2003 5:00 AM

How can I reverse the months? i.e. 2002 jan feb mar... 2001 jan mar apr...

July 20, 2003 10:35 AM

What you'd need is a way of reversing the archive sort order. I don't MT can do that natively, but you might find a plugin that does it if you hunt around at http://mt-plugins.org

Rob Novak
August 22, 2003 6:07 AM

This is just what I've been looking for. Thanks for putting the time in on this plugin.

Rob Novak
August 22, 2003 6:46 AM

Found a bug. If the archive_type="Weekly", then a new header is generated for each archive entry. Here's the offending code: } elsif ($at eq "Weekly"){ $this_date = substr $ts, 5, 6; This extracts the 6-character substring starting at zero-based offset 5. Unforunately, this captures the 2nd digit of the month, the day, and part of the zero-padding. So, it's unique for each entry. These lines should read: } elsif ($at eq "Weekly"){ $this_date = substr $ts, 4, 2; Grab the 2 characters (the month) at zero-based offset 4. The datestamp from $ts is chars 0-3 (year), 4-5 (month), and 6-7 (day).

Rob Novak
August 22, 2003 8:01 AM

If you want to handle Daily archives with per-month headers as well, the following if..elsif..else statement will do it nicely: if ($at eq "Monthly") { $this_date = substr $ts, 0, 4; } elsif ($at eq "Weekly"){ $this_date = substr $ts, 4, 2; } elsif ($at eq "Daily"){ $this_date = substr $ts, 4, 2; } else { return ''; }

Peter
September 4, 2003 8:27 AM

Forgot to thank you so.. Thanks :)

dvd
November 18, 2003 2:02 PM

To generate nested lists of archives you can use this plugin together with Brad Choate's MTPerlScript plugin, with your template something like this: ----- <ul> <MTArchiveList archive_type="Monthly"> <MTArchiveDateHeader> <li><$MTArchiveDate format="%Y"$> <ul> </MTArchiveDateHeader> <li><$MTArchiveDate format="%B"$></li> <MTPerlScript> $a = '<MTArchivePrevious><$MTArchiveDate format="%Y"></MTArchivePrevious$>'; $b = '<$MTArchiveDate format="%Y"$>'; if ($a ne $b) {print "</ul></li>"}; </MTPerlScript> </MTArchiveList> </ul> ----- Example of output: <ul> <li>2003 <ul> <li>February</li> <li>January</li> </ul> </li> <li>2002 <ul> <li>December</li> <li>November</li> <li>October</li> </ul> </li> </ul>

Trackback from BLOG:RED BICYCLE RECORDS
September 17, 2004 11:30 PM

月別アーカイヴを手短に

Excerpt: しました。 Archive Date Header Pluginを入れて。 ソースも書いてあるので、そちらを参考に。...

Trackback from BnKB
February 16, 2005 11:50 PM

Archive Date Header Plugin

Excerpt: In the Movable Type support forums I’ve seen requests for the ability to group archives by date. Most of the time, people want to have an archive index. There have been a few people that have posted solutions using PHP...

The Trap of The Sales-Led Product (Dec 10)
It’s not a winning way to build a product company.
The Hidden Cost of Custom Customer Features (Dec 7)
One-off features will cost you more than you think and make your customers unhappy.
Domain expertise in Product Management (Nov 16)
When you're hiring software product managers, hire for product management skills. Looking for domain experts will reduce the pool of people you can hire and might just be worse for your product.
Strategy Means Saying No (Oct 27)
An oft-overlooked aspect of strategy is to define what you are not doing. There are lots of adjacent problems you can attack. Strategy means defining which ones you will ignore.
Understanding vision, strategy, and execution (Oct 24)
Vision is what you're trying to do. Strategy is broad strokes on how you'll get there. Execution is the tasks you complete to complete the strategy.
How to advance your Product Market Fit KPI (Oct 21)
Finding the gaps in your product that will unlock the next round of growth.
Developer Relations as Developer Success (Oct 19)
Outreach, marketing, and developer evangelism are a part of Developer Relations. But the companies that are most successful with developers spend most of their time on something else.
Developer Experience Principle 6: Easy to Maintain (Oct 17)
Keeping your product Easy to Maintain will improve the lives of your team and your customers. It will help keep your docs up to date. Your SDKs and APIs will be released in sync. Your tooling and overall experience will shine.

© 1999-2021 Adam Kalsey.