BlogSnob

This article is over 15 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current.

I’ve purchased BlogSnob from idya Research. For those that aren’t familiar, BlogSnob is a free advertising exchange for blogs and personal sites. You show small text ads on your site and in turn your ad appears on the other sites in the network.

Read the press release.

I’ve been running the Textad Exchange for about two years now and I’ve always had plans to improve it, add features, and make it better. The ad server behind it is fairly full-featured, and I’ve wanted to extend it to offer more services. The purchase of BlogSnob will give me a much larger member base, some features that I didn’t have before, and market share.

Arnab approached me early this summer and asked if I’d be interested in buying BlogSnob. My first challenge was figuring out how the service could earn money. More on that later. My next challenge was decide how this would fit into my overall company strategy.

Since I’ve wanted to improve my ad server anyway, I’ve decided to launch a new service called SimpleAds. Right now SimpleAds consists of only BlogSnob, but that’s going to change. First will come integration of the TextAd Exchange. Later I plan on adding other advertising tools and services.

There are some other plans as well, but it’s a little soon to talk about those. Most of them are in the early stages, but as I implement this new strategy, I’ll discuss everything here, of course.

Trackback from Arnab's World :: Weblog
October 15, 2003 2:59 AM

bye bye baby

Excerpt: BlogSnob now belongs to Adam Kalsey. Here's the joint press release. I've written about my atempts to streamline my workload before - this acquisition is a step in that direction. During my summer holidays, I spent some time scouting for someone to tak...

Trackback from anil dash's daily links
October 15, 2003 8:30 AM

kalsey grabs blogsnob

Excerpt: http://kalsey.com/2003/10/blogsnob/...

Dave
October 15, 2003 9:27 AM

So will it make money in the short or long term? Who's paying for clicks?

Kevin
October 15, 2003 9:38 AM

I was a big fan of blogsnob way back when. Then it just seemed to peter out. I'm really glad that it's in good hands and I'm sure we can expect more goodies down the road. Congrats. Good choice. (And you said your boys we're selling popcorn for Scouting!!) ;-)

Anders
October 15, 2003 9:58 AM

Congratulations with the aquisition. (I am a BlogSnob member like many other bloggers - look fwd to read about your plans and developments.. :-)

Trackback from Nilesh's Weblog
October 16, 2003 7:31 AM

Taken

Excerpt: The good news is that Blogsnob, IMO, one of the best textad sharing systems has been taken over by Kalsey Computing....

Trackback from synapse
October 16, 2003 8:14 AM

Gallery! Plugins! Et cetera!

Excerpt: Jay Allen rocks. Adam Kalsey rocks. Microsoft... well.

Trackback from Coffee House | Opinion That Matters
October 18, 2003 10:49 AM

Kalsey buys BlogSnob

Excerpt: The popular text-ad exchange service from Idya Research (me, arnab, kapil). Read the common press release at Kalsey's website.

evolalgos
November 7, 2003 8:11 AM

I think blogsnob is great marketing tool and concept.I have always wondered how it didn't catch up with others where as blog links caught on, I think it will redifine the very way internet gets organised like adsense.

pankaj
October 27, 2006 5:46 AM

Sir, I m the student of ABES Engg student gzb and want to know about.... the preparation of the blogs I want to make a blog of the .....diary i.e. diary blog(personlal blog) but don't know how to perpare it please tell me........... i'll be highly obilized... hoping for an eager an favourable action.

• The best of 2006 I wrote a lot of drivel in 2006. Here's the things that are less crappy than the rest.
  • Where do the RSS ad startups fit in? Yahoo's RSS advertising service could spell trouble for pure-play RSS advertising services unless they adapt their business model.
  • The importance of being good Starbucks is pulling CD burning stations from their stores. That says something interesting about their brand.
  • Rounded corners in CSS There lots of ways to create rounded corners with CSS, but they always require lots of complex HTML and CSS. This is simpler.
  • Lock-in is bad T-Mobile thinks they'll get new Hotspot customers with exclusive content and locked-in devices.

One on One meetings for managers: Frequency and Duration (Nov 28)
How long should your 1:1s be? How often should you run them?
One on One meetings for managers (Nov 26)
A one on one meeting is one of the top ways you can build your managerial leverage
How the Sales organization in a large company slows innovation (Nov 16)
If you have a new innovative product inside a large established company, it can be much harder to reach product market fit than it would be for the same product in a startup.
Networking as an entrepreneur (Oct 23)
Having a network is crazy important. Networking is not.
Stretching your team (Jun 11)
Stretching your team is one of the best ways to improve your output, your team's happiness, and your velocity. But they'll need coaching.
Physical camera shutter for Cisco Spark Board (Jul 6)
A 3d printable design for a camera shutter for a Cisco Spark Board
My Travel Coffee Setup (Jan 20)
What my travel coffee brewing setup looks like, and how you can build your own for under $100.
Turkey Legs (May 30)
Product naming gone awry.

Elsewhere