BlogSnob

This article is over 15 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current.

I’ve purchased BlogSnob from idya Research. For those that aren’t familiar, BlogSnob is a free advertising exchange for blogs and personal sites. You show small text ads on your site and in turn your ad appears on the other sites in the network.

Read the press release.

I’ve been running the Textad Exchange for about two years now and I’ve always had plans to improve it, add features, and make it better. The ad server behind it is fairly full-featured, and I’ve wanted to extend it to offer more services. The purchase of BlogSnob will give me a much larger member base, some features that I didn’t have before, and market share.

Arnab approached me early this summer and asked if I’d be interested in buying BlogSnob. My first challenge was figuring out how the service could earn money. More on that later. My next challenge was decide how this would fit into my overall company strategy.

Since I’ve wanted to improve my ad server anyway, I’ve decided to launch a new service called SimpleAds. Right now SimpleAds consists of only BlogSnob, but that’s going to change. First will come integration of the TextAd Exchange. Later I plan on adding other advertising tools and services.

There are some other plans as well, but it’s a little soon to talk about those. Most of them are in the early stages, but as I implement this new strategy, I’ll discuss everything here, of course.

Trackback from Arnab's World :: Weblog
October 15, 2003 2:59 AM

bye bye baby

Excerpt: BlogSnob now belongs to Adam Kalsey. Here's the joint press release. I've written about my atempts to streamline my workload before - this acquisition is a step in that direction. During my summer holidays, I spent some time scouting for someone to tak...

Trackback from anil dash's daily links
October 15, 2003 8:30 AM

kalsey grabs blogsnob

Excerpt: http://kalsey.com/2003/10/blogsnob/...

Dave
October 15, 2003 9:27 AM

So will it make money in the short or long term? Who's paying for clicks?

Kevin
October 15, 2003 9:38 AM

I was a big fan of blogsnob way back when. Then it just seemed to peter out. I'm really glad that it's in good hands and I'm sure we can expect more goodies down the road. Congrats. Good choice. (And you said your boys we're selling popcorn for Scouting!!) ;-)

Anders
October 15, 2003 9:58 AM

Congratulations with the aquisition. (I am a BlogSnob member like many other bloggers - look fwd to read about your plans and developments.. :-)

Trackback from Nilesh's Weblog
October 16, 2003 7:31 AM

Taken

Excerpt: The good news is that Blogsnob, IMO, one of the best textad sharing systems has been taken over by Kalsey Computing....

Trackback from synapse
October 16, 2003 8:14 AM

Gallery! Plugins! Et cetera!

Excerpt: Jay Allen rocks. Adam Kalsey rocks. Microsoft... well.

Trackback from Coffee House | Opinion That Matters
October 18, 2003 10:49 AM

Kalsey buys BlogSnob

Excerpt: The popular text-ad exchange service from Idya Research (me, arnab, kapil). Read the common press release at Kalsey's website.

evolalgos
November 7, 2003 8:11 AM

I think blogsnob is great marketing tool and concept.I have always wondered how it didn't catch up with others where as blog links caught on, I think it will redifine the very way internet gets organised like adsense.

pankaj
October 27, 2006 5:46 AM

Sir, I m the student of ABES Engg student gzb and want to know about.... the preparation of the blogs I want to make a blog of the .....diary i.e. diary blog(personlal blog) but don't know how to perpare it please tell me........... i'll be highly obilized... hoping for an eager an favourable action.

• Movie marketing on a budget Mark Cuban's looking for more cost effective ways to market movies.
  • California State Fair The California State Fair lets you buy tickets in advance from their Web site. That's good. But the site is a horror house of usability problems.
  • Customer reference questions. Sample questions to ask customer references when choosing a software vendor.
  • Comment Spam Manifesto Spammers are hereby put on notice. Your comments are not welcome. If the purpose behind your comment is to advertise yourself, your Web site, or a product that you are affiliated with, that comment is spam and will not be tolerated. We will hit you where it hurts by attacking your source of income.

Assumptions and project planning (Feb 18)
When your assumptions change, it's reasonable that your project plans and needs change as well. But too many managers are afraid to go back and re-work a plan that they've already agreed to.
Feature voting is harmful to your product (Feb 7)
There's a lot of problems with using feature voting to drive your product.
Encouraging 1:1s from other managers in your organization (Jan 4)
If you’re managing other managers, encourage them to hold their own 1:1s. It’s such an important tool for managing and leading that everyone needs to be holding them.
One on One Meetings - a collection of posts about 1:1s (Jan 2)
A collection of all my writing on 1:1s
Are 1:1s confidential? (Jan 2)
Is the discussion that occurs in a 1:1 confidential, even if no agreed in the meeting to keep it so?
Skip-level 1:1s are your hidden superpower (Jan 1)
Holding 1:1s with peers and with people far below you on the reporting chain will open your eyes up to what’s really going on in your business.
Do you need a 1:1 if you’re regularly communicating with your team? (Dec 28)
You’re simply not having deep meaningful conversation about the process of work in hallway conversations or in your chat apps.
What agenda items should a manager bring to a 1:1? (Dec 23)
At least 80% of a 1:1 agenda should be driven by your report, but if you also to use this time to work on things with them, then you’ll have better meetings.

Twitter, etc: akalsey