New license plate

This article is over 14 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current.

I’ve just ordered a new license plate. I’m stunned that it was available.

BLOGS license plate

I’d love to know who owns the California plates BLOG, I BLOG, and BLOGGER, three other combinations I tried out. If you know, send them my way.

Branille
September 2, 2004 11:07 PM

That's awesome. :)

Kevin Francis
September 3, 2004 12:36 AM

Wow. Thats nice. I need one, and a car to go with it ...

Anders
September 3, 2004 7:31 AM

Very cool ;-) Congratulations!

Joe Anonymous
September 3, 2004 7:56 AM

BLOG is owned by Rick Horowitz. IBLOG is reserved and not yet fully registered to a vehicle, much like your BLOGS plate. BLOGGER is owned by Joel Slovacek.

Joe Anonymous
September 3, 2004 12:16 PM

Hey! Where'd my comment go? :/

Joe Anonymous
September 3, 2004 12:18 PM

Well that's weird, now it's back. Maybe my proxy server is acting up.

Jochem Donkers
September 5, 2004 12:43 AM

Don't forget to registere the domain name that belongs to this plate: http://www.california-blogs.com/

Jim
September 9, 2004 5:21 AM

Here is the guy with "BLOGGER" in California: http://www.flickr.com/photo.gne?id=378222 Reported by BizStone: http://www.bizstone.com/2004/09/how-to-get-more-traffic.html

CT
September 9, 2004 10:48 AM

If Joel Slovacek is the owner of BLOGGER, then he works for Google/Pyra/Blogger: http://www.blogger.com/knowledge/2004/09/promoting-your-blog.pyra I think I'll post somthing on all this blog-vanity plating tonight....

Trackback from Population Statistic
September 9, 2004 7:46 PM

TWO LEFT-COAST BLOGGING PLATES

Excerpt: Vanity plate, thy name is California. The one on the left belongs to Kalsey Consulting Group's Adam Kalsey, who can't believe it was available. The one on the right belongs to Blogger.com's Joel Slovacek, and is used as a unique example of blog p...

Eric
October 9, 2004 11:16 AM

When Joel realized that "Blogger" was available last year, he snagged it and offered it to Ev, then to the rest of us on the Blogger team. We all passed, and the rest is history.

Adam (Number plates club)
November 21, 2006 7:06 AM

What an excellent plate!

Phillip Coleman
November 28, 2006 8:41 PM

My name is Phillip Coleman and I am collecting License Plates and I want to know when California would have NEW design license plate. I am TIRED of same bored California license plate. I want to know if they will make new license plate with design like Arizona beautiful Desert/saguaro, New Mexico Hot baloone, Nevada golden mountain, I meant NOT included Yosemite or Ocean Scenic or others because of fund or booster. I meant ALL passenagers could have new design license plates like back in 1983 Golden Sunset. Please let me know about it as I can find in internet about new design Calif license plates in the future. Thank you, Phillip

• California State Fair The California State Fair lets you buy tickets in advance from their Web site. That's good. But the site is a horror house of usability problems.
  • Best of Newly Digital There have been dozens of Newly Digital entries from all over the world. Here are some of the best.
  • Newly Digital Newly Digital is an experimental writing project. I've asked 11 people to write about their early experiences with computing technology and post their essays on their weblogs. So go read, enjoy, and then contribute. This collection is open to you. Write up your own story, and then let the world know about it.
  • Lock-in is bad T-Mobile thinks they'll get new Hotspot customers with exclusive content and locked-in devices.

Encouraging 1:1s from other managers in your organization (Jan 4)
If you’re managing other managers, encourage them to hold their own 1:1s. It’s such an important tool for managing and leading that everyone needs to be holding them.
One on One Meetings - a collection of posts about 1:1s (Jan 2)
A collection of all my writing on 1:1s
Are 1:1s confidential? (Jan 2)
Is the discussion that occurs in a 1:1 confidential, even if no agreed in the meeting to keep it so?
Skip-level 1:1s are your hidden superpower (Jan 1)
Holding 1:1s with peers and with people far below you on the reporting chain will open your eyes up to what’s really going on in your business.
Do you need a 1:1 if you’re regularly communicating with your team? (Dec 28)
You’re simply not having deep meaningful conversation about the process of work in hallway conversations or in your chat apps.
What agenda items should a manager bring to a 1:1? (Dec 23)
At least 80% of a 1:1 agenda should be driven by your report, but if you also to use this time to work on things with them, then you’ll have better meetings.
Handling “I don’t have anything to talk about” in your 1:1s (Dec 21)
When someone says they have nothing to discuss, they’re almost always thinking too narrowly.
What should you talk about in a 1:1? (Dec 19)
Who sets the agenda? What should you discuss, and what should you avoid discussing?

Twitter, etc: akalsey