New license plate

This article is over 14 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current.

I’ve just ordered a new license plate. I’m stunned that it was available.

BLOGS license plate

I’d love to know who owns the California plates BLOG, I BLOG, and BLOGGER, three other combinations I tried out. If you know, send them my way.

Branille
September 2, 2004 11:07 PM

That's awesome. :)

Kevin Francis
September 3, 2004 12:36 AM

Wow. Thats nice. I need one, and a car to go with it ...

Anders
September 3, 2004 7:31 AM

Very cool ;-) Congratulations!

Joe Anonymous
September 3, 2004 7:56 AM

BLOG is owned by Rick Horowitz. IBLOG is reserved and not yet fully registered to a vehicle, much like your BLOGS plate. BLOGGER is owned by Joel Slovacek.

Joe Anonymous
September 3, 2004 12:16 PM

Hey! Where'd my comment go? :/

Joe Anonymous
September 3, 2004 12:18 PM

Well that's weird, now it's back. Maybe my proxy server is acting up.

Jochem Donkers
September 5, 2004 12:43 AM

Don't forget to registere the domain name that belongs to this plate: http://www.california-blogs.com/

Jim
September 9, 2004 5:21 AM

Here is the guy with "BLOGGER" in California: http://www.flickr.com/photo.gne?id=378222 Reported by BizStone: http://www.bizstone.com/2004/09/how-to-get-more-traffic.html

CT
September 9, 2004 10:48 AM

If Joel Slovacek is the owner of BLOGGER, then he works for Google/Pyra/Blogger: http://www.blogger.com/knowledge/2004/09/promoting-your-blog.pyra I think I'll post somthing on all this blog-vanity plating tonight....

Trackback from Population Statistic
September 9, 2004 7:46 PM

TWO LEFT-COAST BLOGGING PLATES

Excerpt: Vanity plate, thy name is California. The one on the left belongs to Kalsey Consulting Group's Adam Kalsey, who can't believe it was available. The one on the right belongs to Blogger.com's Joel Slovacek, and is used as a unique example of blog p...

Eric
October 9, 2004 11:16 AM

When Joel realized that "Blogger" was available last year, he snagged it and offered it to Ev, then to the rest of us on the Blogger team. We all passed, and the rest is history.

Adam (Number plates club)
November 21, 2006 7:06 AM

What an excellent plate!

Phillip Coleman
November 28, 2006 8:41 PM

My name is Phillip Coleman and I am collecting License Plates and I want to know when California would have NEW design license plate. I am TIRED of same bored California license plate. I want to know if they will make new license plate with design like Arizona beautiful Desert/saguaro, New Mexico Hot baloone, Nevada golden mountain, I meant NOT included Yosemite or Ocean Scenic or others because of fund or booster. I meant ALL passenagers could have new design license plates like back in 1983 Golden Sunset. Please let me know about it as I can find in internet about new design Calif license plates in the future. Thank you, Phillip

• The mouse and me Not only is the mouse very destructive, but it's evaded all attempts to capture or kill it so far.
  • Comment Spam Manifesto Spammers are hereby put on notice. Your comments are not welcome. If the purpose behind your comment is to advertise yourself, your Web site, or a product that you are affiliated with, that comment is spam and will not be tolerated. We will hit you where it hurts by attacking your source of income.
  • The importance of being good Starbucks is pulling CD burning stations from their stores. That says something interesting about their brand.
  • Rounded corners in CSS There lots of ways to create rounded corners with CSS, but they always require lots of complex HTML and CSS. This is simpler.
  • Where do the RSS ad startups fit in? Yahoo's RSS advertising service could spell trouble for pure-play RSS advertising services unless they adapt their business model.

Stretching your team (Jun 11)
Stretching your team is one of the best ways to improve your output, your team's happiness, and your velocity. But they'll need coaching.
Physical camera shutter for Cisco Spark Board (Jul 6)
A 3d printable design for a camera shutter for a Cisco Spark Board
My Travel Coffee Setup (Jan 20)
What my travel coffee brewing setup looks like, and how you can build your own for under $100.
Turkey Legs (May 30)
Product naming gone awry.
Speaking for Geeks: Your Slides (Dec 17)
Tips and tricks for creating great slides.
Speaking for Geeks: Writing Your Talk (Dec 14)
Don’t wait until the night before the talk to write it. Crazy, I know.
Speaking for Geeks: Tell a Story (Dec 13)
Telling a story keeps your presentation focused, keeps your audience interested, and makes it easier for you to remember your talk.
Speaking for Geeks: Where to speak (Dec 11)
You've got a great idea for a talk. How do you find conferences to submit it to?

Elsewhere