Button Maker

This article is over 15 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current.

Bill Zeller created a very cool web application that creates blog stickers with any text and colors you want, so I put together a user interface to it.

JANE
June 13, 2003 3:04 PM

Read my post in todays blog. http://blogs.salon.com/0002626/

Stacey
June 20, 2003 11:03 AM

Tried to make the button longer, to accomodate a longer blog name, but no such luck. Is there a way to make it longer? Other than that, I love it.

Fred Grott
June 23, 2003 11:16 AM

another color picker can be found at w3cschools.org.. very nice

Trackback from just a.juby
July 6, 2003 7:36 AM

buttony goodness

Excerpt: If you've noticed on the mockup, I use a series of buttons from a collection entitled "Steal These Buttons". These...

Trackback from Speak Stiltedly and Wear a Yellow Shirt
July 22, 2003 10:21 PM

4096 Color Wheel

Excerpt: I've been looking for a nice 4096 color picker forever. Yesterday I found one by D10n, somone who is long 404, which was close to what I wanted. Unfortunately it didn't work in Mozilla or Mac IE, which meant it...

Brian
July 31, 2003 7:51 PM

Cory
August 17, 2003 10:43 AM

This might be a stupid question, but in order to create one of these stickers with an image in the left box, would I just need to create a button with a blank left box, then add the image via Photoshop?

August 17, 2003 12:47 PM

You could do that, or simply make the whole button in Photoshop. The font used is Jason Kottke's freeware Silkscreen from http://kottke.org/plus/type/silkscreen/index.html

pnkm
September 5, 2003 8:04 PM

I can't use any words with éčŕůç...

Makka
October 31, 2003 2:04 PM

German chars don't work!

Marvin Rouge
November 20, 2003 6:48 AM

it seems that the bill zeller site is very often down for bandwith exceed so your user interface does not work. Why wouldn't you import the script so it will consume your bandwith ?

fungkur
January 6, 2005 7:12 AM

thanks for the button maker.. now i have my own button.. hehe.. http://fungkurs-network.net/images/linkbutton.gif

Trackback from Found Blogging Design
August 30, 2005 9:01 PM

Auto generate buttons

Excerpt: Adam Kelsey created a web friendly user interface, using the coding of Bill Zeller, to easily make blog stickers (buttons) with your web browser. This is a very simple and quick program, suitable for those who don’t have photoshop or the like. Here ...

Rolando Garza
March 9, 2006 12:43 AM

Hello Adam. I was wondering if you had your own button with which I could link to you? Btw, I'm now officially an 80x15 button addict. Thanks for such a great UI.

Paul J
April 11, 2006 2:22 PM

ok, so I made the button, how do I Download it to my site?

These are the last 15 comments. Read all 27 comments here.

• California State Fair The California State Fair lets you buy tickets in advance from their Web site. That's good. But the site is a horror house of usability problems.
  • Best of Newly Digital There have been dozens of Newly Digital entries from all over the world. Here are some of the best.
  • Newly Digital Newly Digital is an experimental writing project. I've asked 11 people to write about their early experiences with computing technology and post their essays on their weblogs. So go read, enjoy, and then contribute. This collection is open to you. Write up your own story, and then let the world know about it.
  • Lock-in is bad T-Mobile thinks they'll get new Hotspot customers with exclusive content and locked-in devices.

Encouraging 1:1s from other managers in your organization (Jan 4)
If you’re managing other managers, encourage them to hold their own 1:1s. It’s such an important tool for managing and leading that everyone needs to be holding them.
One on One Meetings - a collection of posts about 1:1s (Jan 2)
A collection of all my writing on 1:1s
Are 1:1s confidential? (Jan 2)
Is the discussion that occurs in a 1:1 confidential, even if no agreed in the meeting to keep it so?
Skip-level 1:1s are your hidden superpower (Jan 1)
Holding 1:1s with peers and with people far below you on the reporting chain will open your eyes up to what’s really going on in your business.
Do you need a 1:1 if you’re regularly communicating with your team? (Dec 28)
You’re simply not having deep meaningful conversation about the process of work in hallway conversations or in your chat apps.
What agenda items should a manager bring to a 1:1? (Dec 23)
At least 80% of a 1:1 agenda should be driven by your report, but if you also to use this time to work on things with them, then you’ll have better meetings.
Handling “I don’t have anything to talk about” in your 1:1s (Dec 21)
When someone says they have nothing to discuss, they’re almost always thinking too narrowly.
What should you talk about in a 1:1? (Dec 19)
Who sets the agenda? What should you discuss, and what should you avoid discussing?

Twitter, etc: akalsey