Dinner on Thursday with Scott Johnson

This article is over 12 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current.

Scott Johnson and I are both in the Bay Area on Thursday (March 2). If you’d like to join us for dinner, we’ll be at Chaat on Third in SF at 7pm. The place holds about 35 people, so if you’re coming, please RSVP in the comments.

Scott Hildebrand
February 27, 2006 2:46 PM

Hmm... ya... okay... I'll go.

Joseph Scott
February 27, 2006 5:42 PM

I can't make the dinner, but I did want to put in a plug for having a geek dinner in Sacramento one of these days.

Scott Johnson of Ookles
February 28, 2006 1:50 AM

Very cool. Thanks Adam. This can be followed by the Adaptive Path party -- just as a comment -- a lot of folks may well opt for that instead. Also there's a "Ookles Alpha Users" barbeque on Saturday in Fresno for the folks that are on the Ookles F2F Alpha Users Invite list (the invites will go out shortly). I likely won't be showing Ookles on Thursday honestly because I don't want a big deal made about it yet since we're still on our two piddling little dev servers which can handle like the 10 alpha users but not much more. (A private demo will be available for you since you won't likely be down again from Sacramento).

Sean Byrnes
March 2, 2006 9:34 AM

I'm looking forward to it.

Simon Willison
March 2, 2006 9:58 AM

I'll be there.

Jared Kim
March 2, 2006 1:50 PM

Count two in, my sister and I.

Dave Hodson
March 2, 2006 2:53 PM

Scott - I think you mean Fremont, not Fresno ??

• The mouse and me Not only is the mouse very destructive, but it's evaded all attempts to capture or kill it so far.
  • Lock-in is bad T-Mobile thinks they'll get new Hotspot customers with exclusive content and locked-in devices.
  • Newly Digital Newly Digital is an experimental writing project. I've asked 11 people to write about their early experiences with computing technology and post their essays on their weblogs. So go read, enjoy, and then contribute. This collection is open to you. Write up your own story, and then let the world know about it.
  • Pitching Bloggers Forget what you learned in your PR classes. Start acting like a human instead of a marketer, and the humans behind the blogs will respond.
  • California State Fair The California State Fair lets you buy tickets in advance from their Web site. That's good. But the site is a horror house of usability problems.

Stretching your team (Jun 11)
Stretching your team is one of the best ways to improve your output, your team's happiness, and your velocity. But they'll need coaching.
Physical camera shutter for Cisco Spark Board (Jul 6)
A 3d printable design for a camera shutter for a Cisco Spark Board
My Travel Coffee Setup (Jan 20)
What my travel coffee brewing setup looks like, and how you can build your own for under $100.
Turkey Legs (May 30)
Product naming gone awry.
Speaking for Geeks: Your Slides (Dec 17)
Tips and tricks for creating great slides.
Speaking for Geeks: Writing Your Talk (Dec 14)
Don’t wait until the night before the talk to write it. Crazy, I know.
Speaking for Geeks: Tell a Story (Dec 13)
Telling a story keeps your presentation focused, keeps your audience interested, and makes it easier for you to remember your talk.
Speaking for Geeks: Where to speak (Dec 11)
You've got a great idea for a talk. How do you find conferences to submit it to?

Elsewhere