Dinner on Thursday with Scott Johnson

This article is over 12 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current.

Scott Johnson and I are both in the Bay Area on Thursday (March 2). If you’d like to join us for dinner, we’ll be at Chaat on Third in SF at 7pm. The place holds about 35 people, so if you’re coming, please RSVP in the comments.

Scott Hildebrand
February 27, 2006 2:46 PM

Hmm... ya... okay... I'll go.

Joseph Scott
February 27, 2006 5:42 PM

I can't make the dinner, but I did want to put in a plug for having a geek dinner in Sacramento one of these days.

Scott Johnson of Ookles
February 28, 2006 1:50 AM

Very cool. Thanks Adam. This can be followed by the Adaptive Path party -- just as a comment -- a lot of folks may well opt for that instead. Also there's a "Ookles Alpha Users" barbeque on Saturday in Fresno for the folks that are on the Ookles F2F Alpha Users Invite list (the invites will go out shortly). I likely won't be showing Ookles on Thursday honestly because I don't want a big deal made about it yet since we're still on our two piddling little dev servers which can handle like the 10 alpha users but not much more. (A private demo will be available for you since you won't likely be down again from Sacramento).

Sean Byrnes
March 2, 2006 9:34 AM

I'm looking forward to it.

Simon Willison
March 2, 2006 9:58 AM

I'll be there.

Jared Kim
March 2, 2006 1:50 PM

Count two in, my sister and I.

Dave Hodson
March 2, 2006 2:53 PM

Scott - I think you mean Fremont, not Fresno ??

• The best of 2006 I wrote a lot of drivel in 2006. Here's the things that are less crappy than the rest.
  • Let it go Netscape 4 is six years old.
  • Writing Realistic Job Descriptions Publish a job listing like this one and you are virtually guaranteeing that you won't get qualified applicants for the position.
  • Movie marketing on a budget Mark Cuban's looking for more cost effective ways to market movies.
  • Newly Digital Newly Digital is an experimental writing project. I've asked 11 people to write about their early experiences with computing technology and post their essays on their weblogs. So go read, enjoy, and then contribute. This collection is open to you. Write up your own story, and then let the world know about it.

Physical camera shutter for Cisco Spark Board (Jul 6)
A 3d printable design for a camera shutter for a Cisco Spark Board
My Travel Coffee Setup (Jan 20)
What my travel coffee brewing setup looks like, and how you can build your own for under $100.
Turkey Legs (May 30)
Product naming gone awry.
Speaking for Geeks: Your Slides (Dec 17)
Tips and tricks for creating great slides.
Speaking for Geeks: Writing Your Talk (Dec 14)
Don’t wait until the night before the talk to write it. Crazy, I know.
Speaking for Geeks: Tell a Story (Dec 13)
Telling a story keeps your presentation focused, keeps your audience interested, and makes it easier for you to remember your talk.
Speaking for Geeks: Where to speak (Dec 11)
You've got a great idea for a talk. How do you find conferences to submit it to?
Speaking for Geeks: Getting your session accepted (Dec 10)
Your conference speaking submissions are not getting accepted because they're bad. Here's how to make them better.

Elsewhere