Rounded tab corners

This article is over 13 years old. It's possible that the information you read below isn't current.

Jemima Pereira has added rounded corners to my CSS tabs code. Neat. This is exactly why I released the CSS to the public. I figure that there are a lot of smart people out there who would find ways to improve upon the concept. That’s good for several reasons. It makes the Web a better place and it also makes my applications stronger if I have the whole Web community finding ways to make it better.

Jemima Pereira
May 26, 2003 8:41 AM

The rounded corners display in Mozilla-based browsers, using the proprietary CSS extensions -moz-border-radius-topleft and -moz-border-radius-topright. IE should show the square version. Adding cross-platform rounded corners is a much bigger problem.

some guy
July 26, 2004 4:43 PM

"released the CSS to the public" view source?

norway viking
January 12, 2006 6:48 AM

Rounded tabs? Look at this; http://www.enitor.biz/inter Rounded tabs and great graphics

danish viking
October 11, 2006 8:19 AM

Every link on this page to the code and demo is closed...

Kat
March 20, 2007 5:54 AM

ohh ripped off, got me all excited and the links are a broken.

brian
May 1, 2007 6:44 AM

.roundcont { width: 250px; background-color:#800000; color: #fff; } .roundcont p { margin: 0 10px; } .roundtop { background: url(images/oldtr.jpg) no-repeat top right; } .roundbottom { background: url(images/oldbr.jpg) no-repeat top right; } img.corner { width: 15px; height: 15px; border: none; display: block !important; } Sorry should have attached the css, I guess, as that's what I think i've got wrong somehow. Even though I copied and pasted the stuff from Adam's site.

lucky
March 28, 2008 3:58 AM

thanks sirrrrrrrrrrr

• Google on the desktop Google picks up Picasa, giving them an important foothold on people's PCs.
  • The importance of being good Starbucks is pulling CD burning stations from their stores. That says something interesting about their brand.
  • Lock-in is bad T-Mobile thinks they'll get new Hotspot customers with exclusive content and locked-in devices.
  • Newly Digital Newly Digital is an experimental writing project. I've asked 11 people to write about their early experiences with computing technology and post their essays on their weblogs. So go read, enjoy, and then contribute. This collection is open to you. Write up your own story, and then let the world know about it.
  • Rounded corners in CSS There lots of ways to create rounded corners with CSS, but they always require lots of complex HTML and CSS. This is simpler.

My Travel Coffee Setup (Jan 20)
What my travel coffee brewing setup looks like, and how you can build your own for under $100.
Turkey Legs (May 30)
Product naming gone awry.
Speaking for Geeks: Your Slides (Dec 17)
Tips and tricks for creating great slides.
Speaking for Geeks: Writing Your Talk (Dec 14)
Don’t wait until the night before the talk to write it. Crazy, I know.
Speaking for Geeks: Tell a Story (Dec 13)
Telling a story keeps your presentation focused, keeps your audience interested, and makes it easier for you to remember your talk.
Speaking for Geeks: Where to speak (Dec 11)
You've got a great idea for a talk. How do you find conferences to submit it to?
Speaking for Geeks: Getting your session accepted (Dec 10)
Your conference speaking submissions are not getting accepted because they're bad. Here's how to make them better.
Speaking for Geeks: What Should I Talk About? (Dec 9)
Don't wait for that conference to come calling before you start planning for it.

Elsewhere